Undoubtedly for most privately owned businesses, deciding to sell the business is one of the most anxious and biggest decisions that shareholders will make. Making the decision to sell is often the easiest part of the whole process and at Beavis Morgan we have a team of professionals with enough experience to advise on the pitfalls and problems arising during the sale process.
We can work with you to decide whether selling the business is the right thing to do and whether it is the right time. Selling a business takes time and it is very important that potential sellers take time to ensure that the business is shown in the best possible light. Hence planning when to sell is just as important as the sale process itself, Beavis Morgan can work with you to help plan the exit, as well as manage the actual sale process.
We can help you maximise the value in your business and realise its potential. We can help you decide whether the business could be sold to management, whether a partial exit for the major shareholder would best suit or whether it should be an outright sale.
By managing the sale process from initiation of the idea to sale to completion, we can ease the pressure on the directors and management, help meet all the stakeholders’ objectives and leave you and the management team relatively free to continue running the business during this crucial time.
Our services include:
- Assisting in deciding whether the business should be sold
- Grooming the business for sale
- Devising a sales strategy to market the business
- Researching and identifying potential buyers
- Preparing an information memorandum and teaser document for initial distribution
- Assisting in preparing the information to be included in a data room, if appropriate
- Agreeing confidentiality agreements with interested parties
- Advising on the due diligence process and providing vendor financial due diligence
- Project managing the transaction
- Providing you with taxation advice and taxation planning from our specialist taxation team, not only for the transaction but thereafter in respect of the disposal proceeds
Please contact Paul Ashton or another member of our team to arrange an initial no fee no obligation meeting.